Lesson 12: Settling In A Hotel – Nhận Phòng Khách Sạn
Paradise Beach xin chào anh chị.
Good morning Sir, good morning Madam. Welcome in the paradise beach
Paradise Beach greets older brother, older sister
Chào em, anh có đặt phòng cho 3 đêm.
Hello, I have a reservation, for 3 nights.
Greet you younger brother, I have reservation room for 3 nights.
Dạ, anh. Anh vui lòng cho em xin họ tên! Với lại, cho em xin chứng minh, hoặc hộ chiếu luôn.
OK, Sir. May I have your name, please? And I will need your ID too.
Yes, older brother, gladly allow me to ask for family name, first name. And, allow me to ask for “prove”, or passport too
Đây là pát po của anh chị. À, anh không có yêu cầu trước, nhưng anh muốn chọn phòng có view biển được không?
Here are our passports. Oh yes, I didn’t book it, but I would like a room with a sea view.
Here are passports of older brother, older sister. Oh by the way, I did not request before, but I want choose room have view sea fine no?
Dạ được, anh, nhưng có phụ thu thêm. Em xin lỗi, tại anh đã đặt phòng thường.
Yes, sir, but there will be a surplus charge to pay. I’m sorry, you booked a room with the street view.
Yes, fine, older brother, but have surplus charge extra. I apologize, because you did book room regular.
Bao nhiêu em?
How much does it cost?
How much, younger brother?
Dạ, thêm năm trăm ngàn, ạ.
500 000 dong more, sir.
Respectfully, another five hundred thousand, respectfully
Không sao. Bây giờ nhận phòng liền được không, em? Anh chị cần nghỉ ngơi một chút.
No problem. Is the room already available? We need to rest a bit.
No stars. Now receive room immediatelty fine no, younger brother? Older brother older sister need rest a bit
Dạ, được anh.
Yes, it is available now, sir.
Yes, fine, older brother.
Cám ơn em, vậy thì tốt quá!
Thank you, this is wonderful.
Thank you, younger brother. Then good extremely.
Dạ, không có chi, anh. Số phòng của anh chị là hai ba năm, trên tầng hai.
You are welcome, sir. Your room number is 235, on the second floor.
Respectfully, you’re welcome, older brother. Number room of older brother older sister is two three five, on level two
Cám ơn em nhiều nha. À, nhà hàng của mình ở đâu vậy em. Anh muốn ăn gì đó.
Thank you so much. And…can you tell me where the restaurant is? I would like to eat something.
Thank you, younger brother, much. Oh by the way, restaurant of us at where, younger brother? Older brother want eat something.
Dạ, đây là bản đồ của khách sạn. Nhà hàng ở đây, quán bar ở đằng kia, gần biển, bên cạnh hồ bơi.
Here is a map of the hotel. The restaurant is here, the bar, over there, close to the sea, beside the swimming pool.
Respectfully, this is map of hotel. Restaurant here, bar at over there, near sea, beside pool swimming.
Giờ này nhà hàng mở cửa chưa em?
Is the restaurant open right now?
Hour this restaurant open door yet, younger brother?
Dạ nhà hàng mở cửa rồi ạ. Em gửi anh chìa khóa phòng. Nhân viên sẽ dẫn anh chị lên phòng ạ.
Of course, sir. Here is your key. The porter will show you to your room.
Respectfully resutaurant opens door already, respectfully. Younger brother hands older brother key room. Employee will lead older brother older sister go up room, respectfully.
1. Welcome is not commonly used in spoken Vietnamese
2. “chứng minh” is literally “to prove”, also short for “proof of citizenship” which is what Vietnamese people use to refer to “national identity card”
4. “À” can be used to express “Oh, by the way”
7. “Dạ” is used at the beginning to sound respectful. “Ạ” is used at the end of a reply to soften to tone, or to sound respectful. .
8. “No stars” is an expression that means “No problem”
11. “Không có chi” cannot be translated literally, should be learned as a way to say “You’re welcome”
12. “Nhe” is used to sound softer when talking to someone in a friendly and casual tone? “Vậy” is a word used at the end of a question to soften the tone. “của mình” or usually just “mình” can be used to mean “your” to sound friendly and intimate because the speaker is expressing himself as though he belonged to the listener’s inner circle.